January 31, 2009

wHo aM I.....?

It seems I'm here since the blast of the dot. Don't know how I came here or who dropped me down. As a matter of fact no one knows it. Since then I've been wondering and wandering and wandering and wondering going through almost all the phases of what intelligence terms it as 'life'. I've seen millions of species come and go, millions being tortured, millions being extorted, millions being exploited. The journey has been fascinating, adventurous, painful & exhausting.

Days were ended with nights & nights with days, months then years & centuries rolled on, climates switched, geography changed, continents drifted, lakes formed, glaciers melted, some oceans dried up n some formed, temperature became bearable, rained for years together... I'm lucky to witness all these I should say. Amazing experience. Witnessed 'C-H-O-N' fusing to form first life form. Then came little bit bigger ones then a bit bigger n they kept getting bigger. Was awe struck when I encountered a dinosaur for the first time. It was humongous compared to others. When you witness something like this you would wonder about their origin and their creator. I was curious too. Who won't be? It wouldn't have been easier for human to co exist with these walloping predators. It all looked like a plan when these creatures were destroyed by the shower of fireballs just before human came into existence. But, whose plan was it? Who architected it...?

I was with them when they lit the fire for the first time. They were very curious and scared to witness fire. Obviously anyone would be when you see a thing that cannot be touched and not tangible but is capable of destroying things. Some used it for good & some for bad. Its in the nature of humans. I saw humans starting to settle near the river beds, started growing plants, understood the nature, worshipped it & they feared it for long until an intelligent being showed them how exploiting nature would do them good. They started detroying forest, polluting water sources, killing life forms to an extent where some became extinct. I saw humans getting greedier day by day but could do nothing about it. Some tried to use me to teach the ruthless. Some understood, learnt from me & changed and some were out of my reach.

I still remember when India had used the concept of zero as a number and not merely as a symbol for separation during 9th century BC where people in India treated zero as any other number and used it for practical mathematical calculations. Pingala an Indian scholar & his contemporaries used Sanskrit word 'sunya' to refer to zero & void. The Greeks had asked themselves 'how nothing could be something' questioning the usage of zero as a number leading to philosophical argument about nature and existence of zero and vacuum.

I had the oppportunity to encounter all the great kings [the ruthless & merciful], great administrators, shrewed politicians, great spartans & samurais, mathematicians, artists, scientists, astronomers, psychics, selfless people and many more. Some butchered the mankind, some upheld the oppressed & worked for a cause, some never bothered about others, some led revolutions. some fought & died, some became slaves for no fault of theirs, some tried to spread humanity & some hatredness, some invented and some discovered, some lived for a purpose and some died useless, some questioned the beliefs & some blindly followed, some gave birth & some took lives, some were physically blind and some mentally, some were selfless & donated allbut & some were selfish & to own [conquer] all.

Wondering who I am or who I might be..? 

Some sung me, some shot me, some killed me, some painted me, some tainted me, some filmed me, some lied about me, some tried to destroy me, some wrote me and some carved me. I am present, past and will be future. I'm indestructable. I might be available in various flavors, I'm there but you cannot touch me, you can learn from me. 

I'm 'HISTORY', I'm 'TIME'.

No comments: